180 views
Photo by Pixabay via Pexels.

Boost-RHB digital bank clinch official approval to commence operations

Boost Bank aims to pave the way for a new era of embedded finance

A consortium by RHB Banking Group and fintech Boost have clinched official approval from Bank Negara Malaysia and the Ministry of Finance (MOF) to commence operations as a digital bank.

The approval, effective 15 January, makes the consortium the first primarily Malaysian-owned digital bank to commence operations in the country.

Boost Bank by Axiata and RHB received regulatory approval ahead of the scheduled timeline, following a thorough operational readiness review validated by BNM, RHB and Boost said. 

“Having successfully demonstrated a robust and resilient foundational infrastructure for [Boost Bank] the consortium will advance into the alpha-testing phase involving internal employees, family, friends, and a selected group of customers,” Boost and RHB said in a joint-release.

ALSO READ: RHB Islamic Bank targets $1.28b in wealth management by 2026

Boost Bank will progressively enhance its product propositions with a particular focus on embedded finance, with the goal of paving the way for a “new era of embedded finance” that is tailored to meet the needs of Malaysians. 

Boost Bank has appointed Fozia Amanulla as the CEO of the digital lender.

"Rooted in the fundamental belief that everyone deserves a bright financial future, we are determined to propel Malaysia into an age of true financial inclusivity, by harnessing the untapped potential of embedded finance with our digital bank,” Amanulla said in a statement.

The Boost-RHB Digital Bank Consortium, in which Boost holds 60% equity, and RHB owns the remaining 40%, was amongst the 5 successful license applicants announced by BNM in April 2022.

Follow the link for more news on

Join Asian Banking & Finance community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!